The UK Catalysis Hub respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information.
Who we are
For the purposes of applicable data protection laws (including the EU General Data Protection Regulation, “GDPR”) UK Catalysis Hub is part of the Chemistry Department at Cardiff University.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
“Personal information” means information that enables you to be identified, either directly or indirectly.We may collect, use, store or transfer some or all the following kinds of personal information about you:
- Behavioural information on your visit to the website: As you interact with our website, we automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data using cookies.
- Email address, where you have requested receipt of a regular email communication.
- Contact information, including your full name, company name, telephone number and email address, where you have submitted an enquiry via our website contact forms.
- The names and other details about third parties who are involved in the issues we are helping you with
We do not collect any sensitive information about you (such as details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health or genetic and biometric data) or any information regarding criminal convictions or offences.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We may share your personal information with the following parties where it is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for:
- Associated entities within the UK Catalysis Hub
External third parties, including:
- Service providers (acting as data processors) who provide IT and system administration services
- Law enforcement or other authorities where required to do so to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
How long we retain your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
We will keep your personal data according to the Records Retention Schedule.
What rights you have over your data
Under certain circumstances, you may have the following rights under data protection legislation in relation to your personal data:
- Right to request access to your personal data;
- Right to request correction of your personal data;
- Right to request erasure of your personal data;
- Right to object to processing of your personal data;
- Right to request restriction of the processing your personal data;
- Right to request the transfer of your personal data; and
- Right to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Your contact information
You can contact the UK Catalysis Hub by telephoning 01235 567822 or by writing to: UK Catalysis Hub, Research Complex at Harwell, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, R92 Harwell Oxford Oxfordshire OX11 0FA. Email: email@example.com
How we protect your data
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. We have established procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.